Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bad blogger! Bad, bad blogger. No biscuit.

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted recently, guys!  I went back to my hometown to visit my best friend in the world.  She didn't know I'd had surgery, and since I was staying a couple of days, it had to come out so that she'd understand why I couldn't enjoy that pitcher of mojitos or eat more than a few spoonfuls.
It may seem strange that I hadn't told her--after all, she is my best friend, close as a sister.  I guess it was a combination of not wanting to worry her and add to her stress, and worry on my own part about how she'd take the news.  She's always been slender and fit; I've always been The Fat Friend.  She's watched me ride the dieting roller coaster for decades, and I worried that she might think I was taking "the easy way out".
As it turns out, I had no reason to worry.  After talking at lunch for a few minutes about what the surgery entailed and how it would impact the rest of my life (hopefully in all-positive ways), she was 100% supportive.  Now I feel like my support system is complete; a huge relief for me!

So, let's see.  Surgery was July 1st, and today makes 17 days post-op.  I weighed in this morning, and if the scale is to be believed, I've officially lost 30 pounds from my heaviest weight in April!  About 11 pounds of that was pre-op discipline, but the rest is all due to my sleeve rewriting my eating rules forever.  I'm less than 10 pounds from Onederland, and boy, that feels good.  I should be heading back to school in September with a weight that starts with a "1" instead of a "2"--woohoo!  Shopping for back-to-school clothes might actually be more fun for me this year than it will be for my kids.  I'm looking forward to it, and wondering if my co-workers will notice any changes in me; and if they do, whether they'll say anything about it.  Should be interesting!

How are all of you doing?  I hope you're finding ways to keep cool in this heat wave!

BTW--anyone who wants to join a Facebook group with about 50 super-supportive and really funny, nice, all-around good sleevers, just hit me up with your full email address.  You can also send it to me at kiltchasinggirl at gmail dot com, and I'll send you a group invite!  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Sounds like you are doing great! I got to see my best friend last week -- she knows I have surgery. I saw her about 1 month after surgery and then 2 months after surgery -- she said I'm really starting to look skinny :).

    I live in the Pacific Northwest, and it is pretty cool up here all the time :).

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share or want to know? Ask here.