Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Did It!

Today is Thursday, July 4th, and I can safely state that I'm celebrating my newfound independence from food.  I was sleeved Monday, and came home from the hospital yesterday.  Right now, I'm comfortably ensconced on the family sofa--laying flat in bed is just not an option yet.

I'd say my pain/discomfort level is right around a 2 or a 3; my back is sore, but I'm not sure if that's due to the sofa not being firm enough or due to a pocket of gas lurking in there somewhere.  The worst issue I've had so far has been the refusal of my new sleeve to just quietly accept what I send to it.
No matter what I sip, whether it's hot, cold, or tepid; whether it's sweet or savory, or just plain water; every teeny baby sip I take causes seismic rumbling in my sleeve.  It's so loud other people in the room can hear it--and it HURTS.  I'm hoping that it's just post-op swelling, and will go away on its own.  Getting my fluids in is a challenge right now, but I'm working on it!

Good news:  before surgery, I weighed in and the scale said I'd gone down another 2 pounds--bringing my total pre-op weight loss to EIGHTEEN POUNDS gone!  Woohoo!
Meh news: after surgery and 3 days in the hospital, I gained back 10 pounds in fluid.  Sigh. 
No biggie, it'll go down soon.

Back to lounging on the sofa, walking around as much as possible, and sip-sip-sipping! 



 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome home! It will get easier from here on out :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats I am so happy for you! I cant wait to hear how u feel today or tomorrow lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, ladies! Sorry for the delay in my posts--I've been kind of zonked and lazy for the last few days, LOL--things are getting better every day, though!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share or want to know? Ask here.