Sunday, June 30, 2013

TWENTY-FOUR HOURS.

Just mostly trying not to indulge in a freak-out at this point...I think I'm pretty well packed and ready to go to the hospital tomorrow. 
Serious case of nerves;  I hate needles and am not a huge fan of pain either, but I am willingly submitting myself to these things in a matter of hours.  I'm either crazy or incredibly committed to this new start!
I hope to be online as soon as I feel up to it tomorrow; I'll keep you posted. 

Wish me luck--and I'll take any and all prayers, good mojo, positive thoughts or whatever else you've got. 


---Vixy

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! That day before surgery was crazy :).

    Everything will be ok. They will give you pain killers -- take them and don't let the pain really start -- it is easier to manage pain if you don't let it get started than if you try to kill it after it has really gotten going.

    Good luck -- I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine! I'm in the midst of the magnesium citrate "bowel prep"--ohhhh joy. :)

      I remember from my two C-sections that there's no reason to wait till the pain level hits 8 or 9 to press that magic med-button. They don't hand out medals for she who uses the meds least--so I will be using it as often as needed. No worries.
      I'm as prepared as I can reasonably expect to be, now it's just my job to show up, and do what I'm told before and after!

      Delete

Got something to share or want to know? Ask here.